Trash or Treasure?

Inspiration is a driving force in my work and I have always been inspired by turning trash into treasure.
Here are a few people who have done amazing work with waste materials. 

Tiny houses of Texas makes small dwellings out of 99% salvaged materials. Many of their buildings fit  on a trailer and some even have hinged porches for easy transport. After working to restore traditional Acadian houses I am inspired to make a small kit/modular home like these based on the Acadian vernacular.  

Pallets are thrown away everyday. They are commonly made of hardwoods such as red oak and softwoods such as fir, spruce and pine. I have always wanted to see the resources used to make these pallets put to good use. This pallet house is a great way to do that. The wrap around porch reminds me of the engawa of the Japanese vernacular that has always appealed to me. You may notice Japanese architecture influences my designs.

As a timber framer I always end up with piles of timber cut offs that I hate to just throw away. This structure sparked my interest as a way to use timber shorts.
I love how this looks like it grew out of the ground. It reminds me of an old onion or a turnip sticking halfway out of the ground.

If you find these ideas as inspirational as I do or have an idea of your own that inspires you I would  love to help you make your dreams come true.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...