Our farmhouse table


This is a table I made for my lovely wife. I must commend her for her patience because it took me nearly a year or more to put the time into it. It is made from pieces I had laying about the shop, some for several years. It is so hard for me to throw wood away just for this reason, someday I will find the perfect thing to make with it.
The center piece is a two foot wide slab that I purchased right around the time I met my wife about four and a half years ago. My lady loves simple rustic design so I left as much gray aged wood visible as I possibly could. 

I glued two 8" boards to the sides for extra width, hand planed all the edges and put a couple of coats of shellac. It was a nice departure from the complex, labor intensive work I usually do.
There are 117 apparent growth rings in the slab. The heart is right in the middle. It is usually the most  unstable parts of the tree, but this one only had a few small fractures. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...